We hope that Covid-19 has treated you and your families kindly and I’m sure you are just as fed up as we are with hand sanitizer and face masks 😐 The reason for the update today is that we have been in discussions with the hall in relation to when we might want to resume racing and there has also been some speculation that maybe after such a long break that we may never return at all!
So, in reverse order, let’s start with the speculation first. Right now, it is impossible to predict the future however what I will say is that myself and Alan are still committed to resuming normal Wednesday operations as soon as it is practical to do so. Will we still feel the same way in a years’ time if we’re still not racing? There’s no way we can answer that and we’ll just have to cross that bridge if we get to it.
So when can we go racing? The hall committee have made their assessment in line with the current government guidelines as to how many people can be in each part of the hall while maintaining social distancing and for us it is not good news. By the very nature of what we do, we leave the largest part of the hall empty except for a few marshals. The limits currently being set by the hall are 32 people in the main hall, 6 on the stage and 8 in the pavilion. The cloakroom, foyer and kitchen must remain clear. The situation is non-negotiable and the hall committee’s word is final. The hall has 14 clubs/groups that hire the hall on a regular basis. All 14 (including us) have deferred returning to the hall until 2021. Some, like us, are not returning yet because the numbers allowed simply don’t make it practical. The others are not comfortable retuning yet for their own reasons and concerns over safety. The government guidance is changing all the time but until there is a significant change in the social distancing requirements, there is nothing we can do.
So there you have it folks, it is unlikely that we will return this year and we don’t know when we will return next year. In the meantime, Barham is back up and running and I know Les would love to see you there if you fancy giving it a go. EPR isn’t open yet, but I’m sure they will be as soon as they are able so keep tabs on their Facebook page etc. to get the latest news.
Stay safe and hopefully this will all be a distant memory soon 🙂
Hi there, some or all of you may have received or seen the content of the
email sent to clubs and officials.
It’s quite clear in it’s requirements and I know some clubs have already
adopted these requirements, could ALL please share by the usual means, social
media, websites or even face2face (though that may not be the best policy if
following current advice and guidelines!).
We may have to re-visit the calendar once further guidance has been issued
but obviously there are limitations on dates available and the longevity of the
As you can also see it is recommended that clubs also adopt the same
principals, and clubs in other Regions are stating that practice is also not
allowed, this is obviously difficult to police at the likes of Barham, Plough and
EPR due to the nature of their sites. Will leave up to club officials to
Thanks for you assistance in these difficult times, as you can see further
announcements are expected, will forward anything relevant!
The sport is facing some very difficult times, as part
of the wider sporting community we are required to do our bit to help contain
the spread of the virus by limiting the social gatherings that are the core of
what we do.
Hence the Association Executive has had to take the
ALL our Association events (i.e. all our Nationals and Regionals) that should have been happening between Now until the end of April will either be Postponed or Cancelled.
Please look out for announcements from the sections
concerned as they get this resolved, please allow them the time to get this
done as it’s expected that trying to adjust the calendar at this time of the
year will be difficult.
We Have Recommend to All our Clubs that they do
likewise and close for the same period of time.
While we appreciate that this is difficult to do and
will have financial implications for some clubs it is not a decision that the
Executive have taken lightly.
We can, of course, only advise this to the Clubs and
it’s their decision to follow this advice, or not, but we do believe that this
is the responsible course of action to take and so it’s recommended that Clubs
close until the end of April, but with a plan in place to recommence when we
We will continue to
update you on the situation as this develops and if the current advise we are
Several members have messaged me over the last few days
asking if FORCC is carrying on racing given the current Covid-19 pandemic
sweeping the planet.
As much as we’d hoped that would be carrying on, after much
deliberation we’ve taken the hard decision to suspend racing with immediate
effect. We have no idea how long this enforced suspension is going to last for.
With the Government issuing guidelines recommending non
essential travel and gatherings are put on hold, we have to view this
responsibly and seriously and comply with these requirements.
Most other clubs (not to mention other sporting events) have
already suspended activities so we’re far from being alone.
Obviously we hope this will only be for a few weeks, but at
present we just don’t know. As soon as we have a better idea we will obviously
be back with all guns blazing and shouting it from the rooftops.
But for now we just have to consider the best interests of
our club members and their families. It’s only toy car racing after all, and everyone’s
health is a far more serious matter.
In the meantime, stay safe, look after yourselves and your
families, and we’ll see you all soon when this all blows over.
When you are waiting on the stage behind the drivers, please keep noise to a minimum. Similarly, the marshal points at the bottom of the stage steps should be for the marshals only and not the marshals friends. Those marshal points are both in the eye line and within earshot of the drivers at the ends of the rostrum. Thank you 🙂